Parking in Cambridge
Parking near Harvard Square is very scarce. Unless you've made prior arrangements for parking with one of the alternatives listed below, you may want to consider leaving your car elswhere and taking the subway to Harvard Square instead.
Parking with a Harvard Guest Permit
If you are an invited guest of the GSD, you may have been provided with a parking permit for one of Harvard's parking lots or garages. Individuals may be able to purchase a permit directly from the Harvard Transportation Services Parking Office, 617- 495-4785.
Harvard parking facilities of interest to Design School guests are symbolized with red circles on the map. Parking at harvard facilities is restricted to those who have permits.
- Marker 4 on map: Everett Street Garage. Corner of Everett St and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Marker 5 on map: Broadway Garage. Corner of Broadway and Felton Street.
- Marker 6 on map: 38 Oxford Street Lot. Entrance just east of Everett and Oxford Streets.
Commercial Parking Facilities
If you must take your car into the Harvard Square area, and you don't want to spend an hour hunting for a parking space, you may find a space at one of the commercial lots symbolized with a blue pentagon on the map:
- Marker 3 on map: Harvard Square Parking Garage. Corner of JFK and Elliot Streets, 617-354-4168.
- Marker 2 on map: Fitz-Inn Auto Park. Church Street, 617-482-7740.
- Marker 1 on map: Charles Square Garage, 5 Bennett St, 617-491-0298. Call ahead to see if there is space.
Other Parking Opportunities
The streets of cambridge are mostly restricted to parking for Cambridge residents (with a parking sticker) only. Around Harvard Square there are several streets that have metered parking (2hr, 1hr, and 30min).