“The GSD is the leading design school in the world, and we have plans to advance this leadership to an even more extraordinary level. These plans will require support from us, from our industry, and from the broader community of those who believe that design is an essential and transformational force in society. One of the most important goals of the Campaign is to build stronger ties to our alumni community, as these relationships will help extend the school’s pedagogy to the profession, and bring the profession back into the school.
Support from our 12,249 alumni will make a big difference. Please consider making your GSD Fund gift today. Thank you.”
Phil Harrison FAIA LEED AP
GSD Campaign Committee Co-Chair
Chief Executive Officer, Perkins+Will
MArch ’93 AB ‘86
For over 75 years, the Harvard University Graduate School of Design has shaped the imaginations of those who have defined the built and natural environment through practice, research, and teaching. Each generation of GSD alumni has changed the course of their respective professions and inspired others to do the same.
With your help we can continue to bring the most talented students and faculty from around the globe to Harvard to explore, challenge, and elevate our future. A donation to the GSD Fund provides immediate support to the activities and experiences which comprise a GSD education today -- and seeds the future for tomorrow. THANK YOU.
To give online, visit our secure online giving page. If you would prefer to mail your gift, please make your check payable to the Harvard Graduate School of Design and direct it to:
Graduate School of Design
c/o Office of the Recording Secretary
124 Mount Auburn Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
To make your gift by phone, call 617-495-1750.
We offer many ways for you to support the GSD:
- Josep Lluís Sert Council for Annual Leadership Giving
- Planned Giving
- Additional Giving Opportunities
Annual Report and Donor Honor Roll 2013
The Annual Report presents the GSD’s many statistics, initiatives and activities from the past year in one volume. The Donor Honor Roll acknowledges with gratitude, our donors who made gifts between July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. Please remember to make your gift this year and appear on our 2013-2014 donor report.
Josep Lluís Sert Council for Annual Leadership Giving
The Josep Lluís Sert Council for annual leadership giving recognizes those alumni and friends whose generosity makes a deep impact on the GSD, our students, and the future of design. Sert Council members can make an annual leadership gift in support of any area at the GSD. The entry-level donation for Sert Council membership is scaled based on graduation year or affiliation with the GSD. For friends of the School and graduates of the Class of 2003 and earlier, membership begins with a donation of $1,000 or more. Classes of 2005 – 2009 are recognized with a contribution of $250 and classes 2010 – 2014 with a $100 donation.
In gratitude for their leadership support, members are invited to a series of exclusive events that provide special access to the latest projects, spaces and concepts in the built environment while fostering relationships with peers and the GSD.
In addition to several other events, the Sert Council can look forward to coming together in the spring of 2014 for:
• Exhibition viewing and reception celebrating AlivE at INVIVIA LAB and GALLERY in Cambridge with Martin Bechthold, Professor of Architectural Technology, and Allen Sayegh, Associate Professor in Practice of Architectural Technology on Friday, January 24.
• A private tour of the UN Secretariat building renovation by Michael Adlerstein LF’86, Assistant Secretary General of the United Nations and Executive Director of the United Nations Capital Master Plan on Tuesday, February 25.
• A special presentation and private tour of the new Renzo Piano designed Fogg Art Museum before it opens to the public with Tom Lentz, Elizabeth and John Moors Cabot Director of the Harvard Art Museum, and Charlie Klee, Principal, Payette, on Tuesday, April 29.
• A site visit to DC’s hippest and vibrant new mixed-use space – CityCenter DC - with Armstrong Yakubu from Foster + Partners, and Bill Alsup from Hines Construction in early May.
Make your gift today by clicking here. You can now choose to make easy monthly or quarterly automatic payments. For more information about the Josep Lluís Sert Council, please contact Nicole Freeman at 617-469-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Josep Lluís Sert, GSD faculty member and dean from 1953-1969, was a globally recognized architect and teacher whose unique perspective on cross disciplinary training has become a hallmark of our school. He initiated the world’s first degree program in urban design at the GSD. It is our hope that Sert Council members will build on his legacy by helping us create opportunities for innovative teaching and a school environment that produces nothing less than design excellence.
Planned giving offers strategies that allow you to enhance your financial objectives, provide for your family, and to be generous to the Harvard Graduate School of Design at the same time.
Planned gifts can:
- Provide a predictable income for life for you and family members
- Generate a charitable tax deduction for a portion of your gift
- Help you avoid upfront capital gains taxes and save on gift/estate taxes
- Allow you to benefit from the expert investment management performance of Harvard Management Company at no cost
- Permit you to provide a much larger gift to the GSD than you might have thought possible
Alumni and friends who have made planned and estate gifts for the Harvard Graduate School of Design are welcomed as members of the H. Langford Warren Society, a group of 100 alumni and friends.
The society is named for H. Langford Warren, founding Dean of Harvard’s School of Architecture and President of the Society of Arts and Crafts. Dean Warren was an important link in the chain of individuals who contributed to the architectural practice, theories of design, and the teaching of architectural history in the United States at the turn of the twentieth century.
Just as Dean Warren fostered a close collaboration with the craftsmen who enhanced his buildings, members of the H. Langford Warren Society collaborate with the GSD today to ensure tomorrow’s future.
Benefits of membership include invitations to exclusive events and recognition in donor rolls and select GSD publications.
Alumni and friends of the GSD have varied interests, and the GSD offers an array of specific programs and activities that require support. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your specific philanthropic goals or interests with you. For further information, contact Beth Kramer, Associate Dean for Development and Alumni Relations.
For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 617-495-4315 with additional questions.