Parking around Harvard Square is scarce. Unless you've made prior arrangements, you may want to consider leaving your car elswhere and taking the subway instead.
Parking with a Harvard Guest Permit
Invited guests of the GSD may be provided with a parking permit for one of Harvard's lots or garages. Individuals may be able to purchase a permit directly from the Harvard Transportation Services Parking Office, (617) 495-4785.
Parking at the following garages is restricted to those who have obtained permits:
- Everett Street Garage, corner of Everett Street and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Broadway Garage, corner of Broadway and Felton Streets.
- 38 Oxford Street Lot, entrance just east of Everett and Oxford Streets.
Commercial Parking Facilities
There are three commercial lots in the Harvard Square area:
- Harvard Square Parking Garage, corner of JFK and Elliot Streets, (617) 354-4168.
- Fitz-Inn Auto Park, on Church Street, (617) 482-7740.
- Charles Square Garage, 5 Bennett Street, (617) 491-0298. You may call ahead to see if there is space available.
Other Parking Opportunities
Several streets around Harvard Square have metered parking (for 2 hours, 1 hour, or 30 minutes). Un-metered spots are generally restricted to Cambridge residents with valid resident parking stickers only.