PETER RICE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT RENZO PIANO BUILDING WORKSHOP
An internship opportunity is available for one GSD student with the firm of Renzo Piano Building Workshop. Under the tutelage of a senior architect, the intern will spend approximately six months at the RPBW in Paris, France. The experience involves a combination of work and study, including practical training, seminars, and documentation.
The internship is open to MArch I and MArch I AP students who prior to the beginning of the internship have completed the core program but have not yet begun their thesis. International students must ensure in advance of applying whether they are eligible to travel and work in Europe.
No GSD credit is available for the internship. A leave of absence is required for the Spring term.
The Peter Rice internship program at RPBW takes place in Paris, France from February 17, 2014 through August 8, 2014.
The Renzo Piano Workshop Foundation will provide a stipend of € 11,116 (2014). Students are responsible for finding their own accomodation.
In 2014, we are asking that submissions be sent in digital (pdf) format to email@example.com. Electronic portfolios should consist of no more than 30 pages and should either be an email-able size or should be made as small as possible and sent via a service such as WeSendIt or YouTransfer or Dropbox.
1. Letter of Interest Please submit a written letter of interest that responds to the issues listed below (1-2 pages)
- Statement of your academic interests and research at the GSD. Usefulness of the internship to further develop your work and interests
- Description of your professional experience and background
- Description of how the internship will enable you to develop your professional objectives
2. Please list two GSD faculty members whom we can contact for references.
3. Current curriculum vitae. (Please note proficiency in French or Italian if applicable. English is, however, sufficient to work at RPBW.)
4. Portfolio (see notes above).
Please submit these application materials to the Architecture Department, firstname.lastname@example.org, by noon (12:00 p.m.) on Tuesday, November 12, 2013.
One candidate will be chosen from among the applicants by a department Faculty RPBW Committee.