PETER RICE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT RENZO PIANO BUILDING WORKSHOP
An internship opportunity is available for one GSD student with the firm of Renzo Piano Building Workshop. Under the tutelage of a senior architect, the intern will spend approximately six months at the RPBW in Paris, France. The experience involves a combination of work and study, including practical training, seminars, and documentation.
The internship is open to MArch I and MArch I AP students who prior to the beginning of the internship have completed the core program but have not yet begun their thesis. International students must ensure in advance of applying whether they are eligible to travel and work in Europe.
No GSD credit is available for the internship. A leave of absence is required for the internship term.
The Fall 2014 Peter Rice internship program at RPBW takes place in Genoa, Italy from September 1, 2014 through January 16, 2015.
The Renzo Piano Workshop Foundation will provide a stipend of TBD (€11,116 in spring 2014). Students are responsible for finding their own accomodation.
Applications should be submitted digitall to the department awards isite (LINK) and should include:
1. An electronic portfolio of no more than 30 pages.
2. A letter of interest that responds to the issues listed below (1-2 pages)
- Statement of your academic interests and research at the GSD.
- Usefulness of the internship to further develop your work and interests.
- Describe your professional experience and background.
- Please describe how the internship will enable you to develop your professional objectives.
- Please note proficiency in French or Italian if applicable. English is, however, sufficient to work at RPBW.
3. Current curriculum vitae.
Please submit these application materials to the isite by 5 pm on Tuesday 2/25.
One candidate will be chosen from among the applicants by a department Faculty RPBW Committee and will be notified by 2/28.