Applications for the 2016-17 Fellowship are closed. Applications for the 2017-18 Fellowship will be available in August 2016.
Please read the instructions and FAQs carefully before contacting the office with questions and before beginning your application. If your questions are not answered in our materials, feel free to contact the Fellowship office with any unanswered questions about the application process.
We have an online application process through slideroom. All candidates are required to submit an application, 3 letters of recommendation and a professional resume. Supplemental materials are optional but highly recommended. If you are unable to access the online application, please contact our office.
Nominations are welcome at any time.
1. Online Application: You will be asked to register in order to submit an online application. Please answer all questions on the application form, taking notice of the suggested length for answers. Apply now.
If you encounter difficulties during the application process, please contact the Slideroom online system support team for assistance.
2. Application Fee: There is an application fee of $40.00, payable by credit card.
3. Letters of Recommendation: During the online application, you will be asked to enter the names and contact information for 3 professional associates who will provide letters of recommendation. A request to your recommenders will then be generated and sent to them immediately by the online system. Please alert your recommenders that the request will be from Slideroom and not from the Loeb Fellowship. (You do not have to complete the application process for the request to recommenders to be set in motion.) They will receive instructions to enter their recommendations into the system.
Letters from colleagues, clients, collaborators and individuals who are personally familiar with your work will carry the most weight. Letters are confidential and are not available to the applicant.
4. Professional Resume: You will be prompted to attach a copy of your professional resume. Be sure that it includes dates of graduation and degrees received as well as your work history.
5. Portfolio and/or Supplemental Materials: During the online process, you will be asked if you want to submit your portfolio and/or supplemental materials, such as articles, books, plans, speeches, or similar indicators of your work. The submission of supplemental materials is optional, though a portfolio is strongly encouraged for those whose work has a visual quality. Applicants are encouraged to submit up to four examples of their work.
If you were an applicant last year, you must complete a new application through the online system, including contact information, forms, resume, portfolio, and/or supplemental materials. You may reuse your letters of recommendation from the previous year, however it is advisable to obtain at least one new letter which reflects work during the intervening year.
Admission to the Loeb Fellowship is highly competitive. Many very qualified applicants are not accepted each year. As a result, the Fellowship encourages strong candidates who are not accepted to reapply in the future.
A selection committee composed of three faculty members from the GSD, three alumni/ae of the Loeb Fellowship, two outside practitioners and the Curator of the program will review all applications and select approximately 20 finalists for the Fellowship by the end of February. Each finalist will have three separate interviews: one with the Curator, one with a practitioner with knowledge of the program and one with a member of the selection committee. The committee will meet in mid-April to select 10 Fellows. Fellows will be notified of their selection by the end of April.