Career Services provides career advising and support for students from every discipline at Harvard GSD. We provide students with resources to explore career options, connections with employment opportunities and advice on every phase of the job search process.
GSD students can meet individually with a career counselor to review career options, revise a resume or cover letter, plan a job search strategy, and practice interview skills. Current students may log in to their CREATE account to schedule an appointment.
Topics include: Effective Interviewing and Negotiation Skills; How to Work a Career Fair; The Art of Networking; Developing Your Design Sheets and Portfolio; Job Search Strategies for International Students.
Students can view handouts via their account in CREATE. Topics include: How to Build and Maintain A Professional Network, International Students Seeking Employment in the US, The Art of Salary Negotiation, Sample Resumes, Cover Letters and Other Job Search Correspondence.
Explore Information Related to Each Program
- Master in Architecture
- Master in Landscape Architecture
- Master in Urban Planning, Master of Architecture in Urban Design, Master of Landscape Architecture in Urban Design
- Master in Design Studies and Doctorate in Design
Funding Sources for Summer Experiences
- The Community Service Fellowship Program (CSFP) provides opportunities for GSD students to apply the skills they have developed in their academic programs through direct involvement with projects that address public needs and community concerns at the local, national or international level.
- The Paul M. Heffernan International Travel Award is intended to fund GSD students to travel internationally to extend the academic experience.
- Links to other fellowships and funding sources across Harvard and nationally. Many of these opportunities are specifically relevant to urban planning students.
Harvard GSD LinkedIn Group
Students from every discipline are invited to join the Harvard GSD LinkedIn Group. Over 3,500 individuals within the GSD community (including alumni, faculty and staff) provide a wealth of information on how you can apply the training and skills acquired at the GSD.
Student Business Cards
Students who are degree candidates in good standing are able to order business cards. The format includes the Harvard GSD name and logo, the student's name, contact information, and the student's current degree program. To place an order, please log on to 422.gsd.harvard.edu and go to "Student Life" then "Business Cards". Follow the directions of the printer to complete the order. Printed business cards will be delivered to Gund 422 for pickup.