Computer Resources Vending Machine
The Computer Resources Vending Machine is wholly owned by Computer Resources. The idea is to make commonly needed items available to you 24 hours a day and remove the burden of selling items from helpdesk. The idea is not to make money, and believe me, we don't.
We aren't able to get things at wholesale prices so it is impossible to offer them at a deep discount. We do sometimes get a discount just for buying a lot of stuff from Staples at the once, and when we do the prices reflect that. Basically though, we just round up to the nearest quarter from the cost of buying from Staples. (This yields no profit, as it doesn't even cover the cost of the machine.)
The items that are available include ethernet cables, computer lock kits, cutting knives, batteries, disks, office supplies, CD-Rs and DVD-Rs. The items available may change based on what we have in stock, and what has been getting stuck in the machine lately. We welcome suggestions for items to sell in the machine, though it is sometimes tough to get certain things to vend properly.
A Crimson Cash card reader is installed, and we encourage you to use this, especially for the more expensive stuff.
Have an idea for something useful to sell out of the machine? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or just drop by help desk.
-=Keep in mind that products need to be vendable. Not everything is.=-
- The Vending Machine gives $1 coins and Quarters as change
- The Vending Machine does not accept $20 bills
- Please use Crimson Cash for more expensive items.
- Please do not shake the machine trying to get free stuff.
- CRG provides this machine as a convenience to you, and only loses money on it right now. As soon as it becomes profitable, we'll let you know, and then you can resume shaking the machine for free stuff.
- If you have trouble, please see helpdesk in Computer Resources.