Doctor of Design – Financial Aid
Applicants for the Doctor of Design Program (DDes) should be aware of the following aid options:
- All students admitted to the Doctor of Design program may have a portion of their tuition covered by GSD grant and/or GSD Teaching Fellowship during the first two years of the program, depending on other sources of financial aid. While applicants do not need to apply for aid to receive the GSD support, the GSD Financial Aid Disclosure Form (available January 2014) must be submitted before any awards can be offered. The form can be downloaded here, and should be submitted by February 7, 2014. GSD aid sources may be adjusted to reflect other sources of financial assistance.
- All DDes applicants are encouraged to review the options for Restricted Scholarships. The application process for these scholarships is described on the Applying for Restricted Scholarships page.
- DDes students who are US citizens or permanent residents may also apply for federal awards by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA will be available online on 1/1/2013. Admitted students will be informed about their financial aid at the time of admission decisions provided they have applied by the February 7, 2014 deadline.
- Also, please review our information about Outside Scholarships .
- Alternative loan options are also available for International and Domestic Students.