Office of Financial Aid
The Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) offers financial assistance in the form of grants, loans and employment awards. The types of assistance for which a student is eligible can vary according to citizenship as well as academic program. From the three choices below, choose the appropriate category to review aid eligibility.
Current, returning, and incoming students should visit 422.gsd.harvard.edu for specific information about financial aid.
Admissions Applicants for Fall 2015
Thank you for considering the Harvard GSD!
All applicants to the degree programs at the Harvard GSD are encouraged to apply for financial aid. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Financial Aid Timeline
- January 1, 2015 (US/Permanent residents only): FAFSA opens to applicants (fafsa.ed.gov)
- Early January: Link to GSD Financial Aid Application sent via email to all applicants
- February 6, 2015: Financial Aid Application Deadline
- Early March 2015: Notification of Admission Decision & Financial Aid Awards
Completing an application on time enables us to provide a financial aid award at the time of admission notification.
Scholarship support from sources not affilliated with your school can play an important part in covering your costs for any college or university. All applicants are encouraged to actively search for outside scholarships now, before notification of admission decisions. Most scholarship deadlines will have passed before applicants decide where they will attend in the fall.
Go to gsd.harvard.edu/outsidescholarships for an extensive listing of outside scholarships.
An application for financial aid has no bearing on your admissions application.
How to Apply
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov (school code E00212) after January 1, 2015 (US Citizens & Permanent Residents ONLY)
- Complete the GSD online application (link will be emailed to all admissions applicants in January)
- Submit supporting documentation as required
Financial Aid Office
Harvard Graduate School of Design
48 Quincy Street, Suite 422
Cambridge, MA 02138
T: 617.495.5455 / F: 617.495.8949