Spring 2013 registration must be completed by students returning from leaves via GROPIUS by no later than Friday, February 1 at 11:59 p.m. Students who registered in the fall do not need to fill out the registration agreement and info update forms. Registration materials wil be made available in GROPIUS on Friday, January 18. Students who register late will have a $30.00 fee charged to their term bills. Effective Tuesday, February 12, if a student has still not filled out the registration agreement and info update forms, they will be withdrawn from the GSD.
Spring 2013 Important Deadlines
- Registration via GROPIUS due by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 1, for students returning from leaves. Students who were registered in the fall do not need to register (fill out the registration agreement and info update forms) again.
- Limited-enrollment/special offerings course presentations will be held on Wednesday, January 23 from 9:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- Studio options presentations and lottery will be held on Thursday, January 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- Results of the limited-enrollment lottery (closes at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 25) will be posted in GROPIUS on Friday afternoon, January 25.
- First studio option meetings will take place on Friday, January 25.
- All other classes begin on Monday, January 28.
- Course selections due on Monday, February 4, by 11:59 p.m. via GROPIUS.
- Cross-registration petitions must be downloaded from the university-wide cross-registration web site. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the registrar's office.
The tuition for academic year 2012-2013 is U.S. $40,440 U.S. ($20,220 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 6. Term bills for the spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 2. Payments should be made online or directly to Student Receivables, Holyoke 556, Cambridge, MA 02138. Students should examine the Student Receivables Office's How To site.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to register for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.