Fall 2013 registration must be completed by all students via GROPIUS by no later than Tuesday, September 3 at 11:59 p.m. Registration materials wil be made available in GROPIUS on Friday, August 23. Students who register late will have a $30.00 fee charged to their term bills. Effective Tuesday, September 17, if a student has still not filled out the registration agreement and info update forms, they will be withdrawn from the GSD.
Fall 2013 Important Deadlines
- Limited-enrollment lottery and registration (completing the registration agreement and info update forms) opens at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 23 via GROPIUS
- Studio options presentations and lottery will be held on Thursday, August 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- The limited-enrollment lottery closes at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, August 30, with results posted on GROPIUS later that afternoon.
- First studio option meetings will take place on Friday, August 30.
- All other classes begin on Tuesday, September 3.
- Registration (completing the registration agreement and info update forms) via GROPIUS due by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3.
- Course selections due on Tuesday, September 10, by 11:59 p.m. via GROPIUS.
- Cross-registration deadlines can be found at the university-wide cross-registration web site. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the registrar's office.
The tuition for academic year 2013-2014 is U.S. $42,056 U.S. ($21,028 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 5. Term bills for the spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 2. Payments should be made online directly to Student Receivables. Students should examine the Student Receivables Office's FAQ.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to add or drop courses for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.