All students must fill out the Registration Agreement and Personal Information Update forms by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, September 2. Students who register late will have a $30.00 fee charged to their Term Bill on a weekly basis until Friday, September 18, at which time they will be withdrawn from the GSD. Both forms will be available at the bottom of the page of "Registration" and "Add/Drop Courses" sub-tabs beginning on Monday, August 17 at 5 p.m.
Fall 2015 Important Deadlines
- Limited-Enrollment Lottery and Registration (completing forms mentioned above) will open at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 21 via GROPIUS.
- Studio Options Presentations and Lottery will be held on Monday, August 31 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Piper Auditorium.
- Course presentations will be held on Monday, August 31 from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Go here for the schedule of presentations.
- Course presentations of some lectures and seminars will be held on Monday, August 31 from 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Piper Auditorium. A draft schedule can be found here.
- The Limited-Enrollment Lottery will close at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 1, with results posted on GROPIUS later that afternoon.
- Option studios begin: August 31 and September 1 (consult option studio instructor for specifics)
- All other classes will begin on Wednesday, September 2.
- Course Add/Drop functionality will open in GROPIUS at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, September 2.
- Final course add/drops for no fee will be due on Friday, September 18, by 11:59 p.m. via GROPIUS.
- From September 10 to September 17 at 11:59 p.m., students can add and drop any number of courses for a $15 charge.
- Beginning September 19, each course change, which must be done by paper (see Forms tab in GROPIUS), will result in a $30 fee. All fees will be posted on your Term Bill. Full-term courses that are dropped become withdraws. When you withdraw from a course, a 'WD' will appear on your transcript in place of a grade.
- Cross-registration deadlines can be found at the university-wide cross-registration web site. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar.
The tuition for academic year 2015-2016 is U.S. $45,440 U.S. ($22,720 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the Fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 15. Term bills for the Spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 5. Payments should be made online directly to Student Receivables.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to add or drop courses for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
Any student who leaves the University with an amount due on their student bill that is unpaid for sixty days or more may be subject to collection activities. The costs associated with collecting an unpaid account will be added to the student’s outstanding debt and must be paid in full.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.