Students returning form a leave of absence must fill out the registration agreement and personal information update forms by Monday, January 26 at 11:59 p.m. Students who register late will have a $30.00 fee charged to their term bills on a weekly basis until Friday, February 13, at which time they will be withdrawn from the GSD. Both forms will be available on the REGISTRATION and ADD-DROP COURSES sub-tab beginning on Friday, January 16. They can be found at the bottom of that page. STUDENTS WHO WERE REGISTERED IN THE FALL SEMESTER DO NOT NEED TO FILL THESE FORMS OUT.
Spring 2015 Important Deadlines
- Limited-enrollment lottery and registration (completing the registration agreement and info update forms, see above) will open at 5 p.m. on Friday, January 16 via GROPIUS.
- Studio options presentations and lottery will be held on Thursday, January 22 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- The limited-enrollment lottery will close at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 23, with results posted on GROPIUS later that afternoon.
- First studio option meetings will take place on Friday, January 23.
- All other classes will begin on Monday, January 26.
- Course add/drop functionality will open in GROPIUS at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 26.
- Registration for students returning from a leave of absence (completing the registration agreement and info update forms, see above) via GROPIUS due by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 26. STUDENTS WHO WERE REGISTERED IN THE FALL SEMESTER DO NOT NEED TO FILL THESE FORMS OUT.
- Final course add/drops for no fee will be due on Monday, February 2, by 11:59 p.m. via GROPIUS.
- From February 3 through February 13 at 11:59 p.m., students can add and drop any number of courses for a $15 charge.
- Beginning February 14, each course change, which must be done by paper (see Forms tab in GROPIUS), will result in a $30 fee. All fees will be posted on your term bill. Full-term courses that are dropped become withdraws. When you withdraw from a course, a 'WD' will appear on your transcript in place of a grade
- Cross-registration deadlines can be found at the university-wide cross-registration web site. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the registrar's office.
The tuition for academic year 2014-2015 is U.S. $43,700 U.S. ($21,850 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 4. Term bills for the spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 5. Payments should be made online directly to Student Receivables. Students should examine the Student Receivables Office's FAQ.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to add or drop courses for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
Any student who leaves the University with an amount due on their student bill that is unpaid for sixty days or more may be subject to collection activities. The costs associated with collecting an unpaid account will be added to the student’s outstanding debt and must be paid in full.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.