Replacement Diplomas

In case of loss, theft, or destruction of an original Harvard Design School diploma, replacement diplomas can be obtained by filing a request with the Office of Student Services.

Diploma Request Form can be printed from this site.

In order for a Diploma Request to be processed, you must include a $150 dollar check made payable to Harvard University and your request must be notarized. Preparation of the document may take two to three months.

The Office of Student Services does not maintain copies of original diplomas; therefore we are unable to make an unofficial copy while your replacement diploma is being processed. If you need immediate proof that you received a degree from the Graduate School of Design please fill out the Letter of Certification section on the Diploma Request Form. This letter will certify that you received a degree from the Graduate School of Design and the date on which it was conferred.

When the diploma is ready, it will be sent via insured and certified mail to the address you provided on the request form.

If you did not receive your original diploma due to delinquencies please contact the Student Receivables Office at 617-495-2739. You will need to resolve any payment issues on your account before we can issue you your original diploma. After these payments have been resolved please notify us via email at

Resources: Registrar: Transcripts and Certifications: Replacement Diplomas

Student desks
Content is loading...
Parent Page