Student Transcripts

Graduate School of Design student transcripts are maintained permanently in the Office of Student Services. An official copy of a GSD transcript will be released on written request by the student; it will normally be prepared within three business days of the request. An official transcript can be mailed to the student or an institution directly by the Office of Student Services; it may also be picked-up in person.

Transcripts that are mailed directly to the student or picked up in Gund 422 will be stamped "Issued to Student."

Official transcripts will not be provided for graduates who owe the university more than $500.

If copies of course descriptions are needed there is a charge of $5.00 which must be paid by cash or check before the course descriptions can be released. The Office of Student Services may issue copies of GSD transcripts only; requests for copies of transcripts from another institution must be made to that institution.

Transcript Request Form may be printed directly from this site or picked up outside of Gund 422.

The completed form may be mailed or dropped off at the to the Office of Student Services, 48 Quincy Street, Gund 422, Cambridge, MA 02138. Signed requests can also be scanned and emailed to

Expediting a Document Request

Rush Order: By requesting a rush order your transcript and/or letter will be processed the next business day after the receipt of your signed request. If you will be having your document mailed, the rush service does not include shipping time. To request a rush order please check off the rush order option on the transcript request form and include the $5 fee with your request. This fee must be paid with cash or a check made payable to Harvard University.

Expedited Shipping: All documents mailed from our office are sent via regular first class mail with no charge to the requestor. If you would like your document to be sent via expedited mail you can request to have us Fed Ex the document. To do so, please follow the Instructions for Creating a Fed Ex Account Number. You should then note in the other instructions area of the Document Request Form that you would like us to Fed Ex your document and include your Fed Ex account number for the shipping fees.  

Notarizing Documents

If you need our office to notarize a document, please request a Letter of Certification (see Transcript Request Form) and submit the document that needs to be notarized. There is a $10 fee for notary services which must be paid by cash or check before we can process your request. Please make all the check payable to Harvard University.

Obtaining an Apostille

Students who are working abroad may need to obtain an Apostille for their diploma. To obtain an Apostille please submit a copy of your diploma, a signed transcript request form, and the notarization fee described above to our office. We can either forward your documents to the Public Records Division or you can pick up your documents in our office if you are going to facilitate the processing.

If you are not currently in the area and will be taking care of this process via mail please review the instructions on the Public Records Division website to ensure proper delivery and payment: The Public Records Office charges a $6 fee per Apostille that can be covered by a check made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. You will also be responsible for providing a postage paid, self-addressed envelope for the Public Records Office to return your documents to you. Lastly, please also include the country where you plan on utilizing the Apostille.

Resources: Registrar: Transcripts and Certifications: Transcripts

Content is loading...
Parent Page