- Synthesizing health and place research into planning and design guidelines for healthier neighborhoods.
- Adapting tools to evaluate health in places and plans and comfort in public spaces.
- Analyzing the connections between health and place in China using both large datasetsand intensive case studies.
- Developing prototypes for healthier places.
- Creating courses and public education on the connections between health and place.
Why This Matters
There are many links between health and the built environment, from air quality to food access. The Health and Places Initiative (HAPI) project is a program that helps create and synthesize the evidence base linking landscape, urban design, planning, and health.
For more information, please visit the Health and Places Initiative website.