Foreword: Zoning at Sixty-A Time for Anniversary Reckoning
Charles M. Haar and Jerold S. Kayden
Part I. The Historical Setting
- The Office File Box-Emanations from the Battlefield Arthur V. N. Brooks
- Professors, Reformers, Bureaucrats, and Cronies: The Players inEuclid v. Ambler
William M. Randle
Part II. Zoning Applied (Misapplied): An Experiment in Social and Physical Order
- Arenas of Conflict: Zoning and Land Use Reform in Critical Political-Economic Perspective
Joe R. Feagin
- Expulsive Zoning: The Inequitable Legacy of Euclid
- Planning and Zoning
Peter L. Abeles
- Euclid and the Environment
Earl Finbar Murphy
- Legislating Aesthetics: The Role of Zoning in Designing Cities
Part III. Zoning and the Courts: A Steady Legal Legacy?
- Judges as Planners: Limited or General Partners?
Jerold S. Kayden
- The Prescience and Centrality of Euclid v. Ambler
Michael Allan Wolf
- Euclid's Lochnerian Legacy
Robert A. Williams, Jr.
Part IV. Zoning and Economics: Are They Compatible?
- Zoning Myth and Practicc From Euclid into the Future
Robert H. Nelson
- Zoning and Land Use Planning: An Economic Perspective
William C. Wheaton
Part V. Anticipating the Future
- Reflections on Euclid: Social Contract and Private Purpose
Charles M. Haar
Appendix: Village of Euclid v. Ambler Realty Company
Co-Editor: Charles M. Haar
Planners Press, 1989