How can I best take advantage of GSD Career Services?
There are three things that you can do as a student to start planning your post-GSD career:
- Don't wait until a month before you graduate to visit Career Services. The time to get started is your first semester at the GSD.
- Plan to spend three hours a week devoted to your career development. Attend a career program or an alumni network event. Visit with a career counselor to update your resume. Utilize Harvard alumni contacts. Make time, ahead of time, to do career research.
- Read your email. You’ll be amazed at both the caliber and number of fantastic opportunities that are delivered directly to your mailbox.
How do I get a job on campus?
- Check if you have a Federal Work-Study award (and note how much it is)—you’ll want to mention this to potential on-campus employers.
- Directly contact GSD departments. Some TA positions are posted on CREATE, but many departments choose to speak with students on their own. You may want to contact faculty directly to express your interest.
- Contact the Harvard Student Employment Office to explore on-campus jobs throughout Harvard University.