How can I best take advantage of GSD Career Services?
There are three things that you can do as a student to start planning your post-GSD career:
- Don't wait until a month before you graduate to visit Career Services. The time to get started is your first semester at the GSD.
- Plan to spend three hours a week devoted to your career development. Attend a career program or an alumni network event. Visit with a career counselor to update your resume. Utilize Harvard alumni contacts. Make time, ahead of time, to do career research.
- Read your email. You’ll be amazed at both the caliber and number of fantastic opportunities that are delivered directly to your mailbox.
How do I get a job on campus?
- Check if you have a Federal Work-Study award (and note how much it is) — you will want to mention this to potential on-campus employers.
- Directly contact GSD departments. Many departments and professors choose to speak with students on their own. You may want to contact faculty directly to express your interest.
- Contact the Harvard Student Employment Office to explore on-campus jobs throughout Harvard University.