Fall 2021 Updates
When will GSD staff be expected to report back to the campus?
At the GSD, many staff will continue to work remotely while many others will return to campus or work a hybrid schedule. Our managers have completed re-entry plans for each of their departments. GSD staff will begin transitioning back to campus in a phased approach starting in August and the specific plans will be communicated to you by your manager or department head.
What do I need to do before I return to campus?
- Submit your vaccination record to Harvard University Health Services at their secure Verify your Vaccine website.
- Visit the University Return to Campus website for the most up-to-date info to plan for your return.
- Activate your testing account in COLOR
- Log in to Crimson Clear to check their testing cadence
- Submit Part A of the Flexwork Proposal Form to your manager and HR for approval.
- Recommend that staff take the COVID-19 Safety Awareness Training →
What measures are in place to ensure a safe & healthy campus environment?
All staff, students and faculty will be required to follow Harvard guidelines for on-campus gatherings, in order to help ensure we are keeping our community safe. Among those requirements is the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccinations: As previously announced, the University is requiring that every person with an on-campus presence be vaccinated, with exemptions permitted only by submission of a formal request, for medical or religious reasons. If you have not done so, please verify your vaccination status as soon as possible using the HUHS secure portal.
- Face Masks: The current guidance from the University is that masks will be required for everyone indoors, regardless of vaccination status. Outdoors, unvaccinated individuals are still expected to wear masks if they cannot maintain distance from others. Vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks outdoors, but all community members are expected to have masks with them at all times, to ensure compliance with the indoor masking requirements across the GSD and University campuses. For more information, please refer to the University Covid-19 Information website.
Will testing be required?
Regular COVID-19 testing will be required for anyone planning to be on campus regularly, using easy, self-administered tests provided by the University. The frequency of testing will depend on factors including whether you live on or off campus, your vaccination status, and whether your campus presence is “regular” or “infrequent” (Infrequent campus presence is 1x/month or less).
Regardless of vaccination status, everyone will be expected to be tested 1x/week for 2 weeks upon arrival. After the initial two-week period you will be expected to test per the University testing guidelines.
Test kits are available in the vestibule of Gund Hall, and tests can be dropped at a drop-bin at the Science Center. Staff returning to campus will be able to find their testing frequency requirements by logging into Crimson Clear and you will manage your results through your own COLOR account. Staff on campus will receive regular text and email notifications reminding you of your next testing day.
Should I come to campus if I’m not feeling well?
Staff who feel sick should stay home and notify their manager. Harvard’s temporary policies that allow for expanded and more flexible use of sick time by staff will remain in effect until December 31, 2021. Additionally, you should not come to campus if you are caring for someone with a presumed or confirmed case of COVID-19.
For more detailed information on Harvard’s health and safety efforts, please visit the University’s COVID-19 Vaccine Information page and the Health & Wellbeing page. You also should feel free to reach out to your manager and to Human Resources staff with any additional questions.