Frances Loeb Library and Harvard Library are offering a new service this academic year – electronic reserves preparation and uploading to Canvas course sites.
How it works:
Send your requests for class readings to Ask a Design Librarian.
- Include a list of readings for the semester as an attachment to your request. Sending a syllabus will help process the materials quickly.
- Requested materials will be scanned and uploaded to your “Library Reserves” page on your Canvas course site.
- Materials will be posted in your Canvas site in these timeframes:
- Content already available in digital form – 1 day
- Scans created from print materials from Loeb Library – 3 days
- Scans created from print materials from a different Harvard Library – 7 days
- Entire books – 7- 10 days
If you have any questions about Canvas or if Harvard Library does not have a book or article that you are looking for, please email us at Ask a Design Librarian.
The library provides access to reserve material through each course Canvas site. The list of reserve readings can be found in the Reserves section. Direct links to online readings are included when library digital resources are available. Print reserves are located in the Open Reserves space on the first floor of the library and circulate for three hours at a time. Students can check availability of a reserve item in HOLLIS. Please see staff at the service desk if you need help locating reserve material.