The Financial Aid Office uses an online financial aid system that enables students to apply and view their award information online. The process is open to all aid applicants, including first time applicants.
Currently enrolled students will have to reapply for aid. However, that application will not be available until later in March. Current aid recipients will receive an email when their application is ready to go. Those who submitted an application by the deadline received award information in May.
Domestic Student Application Requirements
US Citizens and permanent residents must fill out both the FAFSA and the internal financial aid application (instructions below). The FAFSA is free and is the only required application used for awarding federal student aid. The FAFSA is also used in conjunction with the GSD online aid application to determine need-based grant awards. The FAFSA can be completed anytime after January 1 for the upcoming year.
Students are encouraged to provide their parent’s financial information on the GSD online application (rather than the FAFSA) if it has changed substantially in the past year in a way that would result in additional grant. If your parent’s financial situation has not changed since last year, you do not need to provide that again. You will be reconsidered at the same level for grant for next year.
International Student Application Requirements
International students are only required to submit the internal financial aid application.
Click on the link for our internal financial aid application. You will need to do the following before you can log in:
- Read over the Technical Specification section on the left side of the screen. If your computer does not meet the stated technical specifications you may be unable to submit your application successfully.
- Type in your username, which is your @gsd email address
- You will then need to select “First Time User”
- You will be prompted to answer some questions to verify your identity
- After your answer the security questions you will need to create a secure password
- We will not have access to your password, so please keep a record for future reference
- After you finish creating a password, you will be brought back to the original log in screen.
- Type in your username (@gsd email address) and the password you just created