Where can I find the Financial Aid Office homepage?
The url for our  homepage is:

What is the Financial Aid application deadline?
Admissions applicants for entrance in fall of 2017 should submit their Financial Aid application by February 6, 2017. The application for Financial Aid should be completed following submission of the application for Admission. The Financial Aid application deadline for returning students will be in early April 2017

I do not want to take all the loans which were offered to me. What should I do?
Please indicate on the “Accept Awards” tab in the online financial aid program which loans you would like to accept, decline, or reduce. Type in any reduced amounts to accept that amount.

What happens if I apply for aid after the deadline?
Late applications may be subject to processing delays. In addition, some sources of aid are limited, so timely applications are encouraged.

What are the SAR and the ISIR?
These two items are responses from the federal government regarding the information you submitted on your FAFSA. The SAR is the Student Aid Report which is a multi-page, color document which verifies that the information was accurately received. You may also use the SAR to make corrections. The ISIR is the Institutional Student Information Record and is an electronic version of the SAR. The school receives the ISIR automatically provided that you indicated the correct federal school code on the last page of your FAFSA (E00212).

What is the school code for use on the FAFSA?
the Federal School Code for the Harvard University Graduate School of Design is E00212.

I have prior educational loans. Do I have to make payments on those while I am attending the GSD?
Not usually, if it's a federal loan. Because you will be in school, you should qualify for loan payment deferment. Harvard participates in a national clearinghouse program that updates lenders with student enrollment dates. However, if your lender requires it, you should contact your lender to obtain a deferment form which will be completed and mailed from our Registrar's office after you have officially registered.

I have not yet filed my income taxes for the year. Should I wait to complete my application materials?
No. For US applicants, this year's FAFSA will ask for an earlier year's tax information, so you won't need the recent tax information for that application.  Our online aid application will ask for the more recent year income information, so we encourage you to complete that application in late January when they have a better idea of their total income for the most recent year completed.  US applicants may use estimated information for the most recent year's information.

Can I receive any money from my aid before the school year begins?
No. We cannot disburse aid until a student has officially registered for classes.

Must I reapply for financial aid every year?