Students holding remote jobs at the GSD who will continue to work remotely, see the process for submitting your weekly timesheets below. All electronically submitted forms must be in PDF file format to ensure the Finance Office has legible and correctly formatted files for payroll records. It is imperative that you complete and submit your time each week worked. Should you have any questions regarding this process, contact your payroll coordinator directly.
Students planning to start a new job and that includes work remotely must obtain a GSD New Hire Form if you have not done so already:
- E-mail your payroll coordinator copying your supervisor, letting them know that you will start a new job; you will receive a hire form and any additional paperwork as needed
- Complete the form, scan it, and send it to your supervisor in PDF file format
- Have your supervisor sign it (either electronically or hard copy) and send it back to you
- Once you receive completed and signed form, e-mail it to your payroll coordinator
Download a Work-Study Timesheet
Download a Non-Work-Study Timesheet
- Scan the completed timesheet
- Email the timesheet to your supervisor for approval; if the person who approves your time also submits your weekly hours, then you have completed the remote submission process
- For those of you whose supervisor is not your payroll coordinator, follow the instructions below:
- Option 1: Supervisor sends the signed timesheet back to student (PDF file format) and student sends it to payroll coordinator
- Option 2: Supervisor sends the email directly to the payroll coordinator with “Approved” in the subject line of the email
If you do not have access to printer and/or scanner, send an email to your supervisor detailing the daily hours worked, date, time in and out, and total hours worked for the week. Once your supervisor approves the email, forward the approval email to the payroll coordinator. The payroll coordinator will enter the approved time.
Direct Deposit/Paper Checks
If you have not signed up for direct deposit, now is a good time to do so. You can sign up directly through via PeopleSoft: Main Menu>Self Service>My Pay>Direct Deposit. Instructions and other information for setting up direct deposit are available on the Harvard's Student Employment Office website. Activation of direct deposit can take a couple weeks, so it is very important that your address in PeopleSoft is your most current address. If you are currently registered as a Harvard student, you can update your address in your my.harvard.edu account. Note that students who do not have an active job in the system will not be able set up direct deposit until after their job is added to the PeopleSoft system.