- Courses can be added to Crimson Carts in my.Harvard beginning on August 10. Note that actual enrollment in GSD courses, via the Crimson Cart, will not begin until August 30.
- Limited-enrollment lottery will open at 11 a.m. on Friday, August 18 via my.Harvard.
- Option studio presentations and lottery will be held on Monday, August 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- Course videos can be viewed on the Courses page by clicking on a course's title, assuming the instructor has uploaded one.
- The limited-enrollment lottery will close at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, August 29, with results posted in my.Harvard later that afternoon.
- First studio option meetings will take place on Tuesday, August 29.
- All other classes will begin on Wednesday, August 30.
- Students must complete the check-in process in my.Harvard by Wednesday, August 30 at 11:59 p.m. Students who complete the check-in process late will have a $30.00 fee charged to their term bills on a weekly basis until Wednesday, September 13, at which time they will be withdrawn from the GSD.
- Official adding and dropping of courses via your Crimson Cart will open in my.Harvard at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, August 30.
- Final course add/drops for no fee will be due on Wednesday, September 6, by 11:59 p.m. via my.Harvard.
- From September 7 through September 15 at 11:59 p.m., students can add and drop any number of courses for a $15 charge.
- Beginning September 16, each course change, which must be done by paper (see the Documents Center in my.Harvard), will result in a $30 fee. All fees will be posted on your term bill. Full-term courses that are dropped become withdraws. When you withdraw from a course, a ‘WD' will appear on your transcript in place of a grade.
- Cross-registration instructions and deadlines can be found on the Student Cross-Registration portal. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the GSD cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar. Note that the only courses you now need to cross-register for via the Student Cross-Registration portal are MIT courses. You can petition to enroll in all other non-GSD courses via your Crimson Cart in my.Harvard.
The tuition for academic year 2017-2018 is U.S. $48,660 U.S. ($24,330 per term). Tuition for the MDE program is $50,000 ($25,000 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the Fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 15. Term bills for the spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 5. Payments should be made online directly to Student Receivables.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to add or drop courses for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
Any student who leaves the University with an amount due on their student bill that is unpaid for sixty days or more may be subject to collection activities. The costs associated with collecting an unpaid account will be added to the student’s outstanding debt and must be paid in full.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.