- Limited-enrollment lottery will open at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 13 via my.Harvard.
- Option studio presentations and lottery will be held on Thursday, January 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Piper Auditorium.
- The course presentations for limited-enrollment and other non-studio courses have been canceled. Course videos can be viewed on the Courses page by clicking on a course’s title, assuming the instructor has uploaded one.
- The limited-enrollment lottery will close at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, January 20, with results posted in my.Harvard later that afternoon.
- First studio option meetings will take place on Friday, January 20.
- All other classes will begin on Monday, January 23.
- Course add/drop functionality will open in my.Harvard at 10 a.m. on Monday, January 23.
- Final course add/drops for no fee will be due on Monday, January 30, by 11:59 p.m. via my.Harvard.
- From January 31 through February 10 at 11:59 p.m., students can add and drop any number of courses for a $15 charge.
- Beginning February 11, each course change, which must be done by paper (see the Documents Center in my.Harvard), will result in a $30 fee. All fees will be posted on your term bill. Full-term courses that are dropped become withdraws. When you withdraw from a course, a ‘WD’ will appear on your transcript in place of a grade.
- Cross-registration deadlines can be found on the Student Cross-Registration portal. Some cross-registration partner schools have early petition deadlines, so please familiarize yourself with them. Please check the GSD cross-registration page for additional information, policies and procedures on cross-registration. If you have any questions regarding registration, please contact the Registrar.
The tuition for academic year 2016-2017 is U.S. $47,240 U.S. ($23,620 per term). Payment of charges for any given term must be made before students are permitted to register or add courses. Term bills for the Fall term will be sent via e-mail in mid-July and payment will be due on August 15. Term bills for the spring term will be sent via e-mail in mid-December and payment will be due on January 5. Payments should be made online directly to Student Receivables.
Students must pay full tuition for at least the minimum number of terms of residency required by the degree program. Restrictions are placed on the awarding of degrees and diplomas, participation in commencement, and on the release of transcripts until all indebtedness to the university is satisfied.
Upon request, the university will permit students to pay their bills for the academic year in eight monthly installments. There is a service charge of $35 per term for this payment option.
Students using the monthly payment option must pay any back balance plus one-quarter of their charges for a given term before they will be permitted to add or drop courses for that term. GSD students who are negligent in making their monthly payments during one semester will not be permitted to use the option in subsequent semesters.
Any student who leaves the University with an amount due on their student bill that is unpaid for sixty days or more may be subject to collection activities. The costs associated with collecting an unpaid account will be added to the student’s outstanding debt and must be paid in full.
The Activity Fee supports GSD Student Forum and student organization activities.