- Students must complete the application (currently unavailable—please fill out this inquiry form instead) and travel proposal worksheet.
- Students can request up to $1,000 USD. All currency must be converted to USD in your application and travel proposal worksheet.
- Awardees are required to register all travel ahead of their trip. For safety purposes, before traveling internationally, Harvard requires all students to register with International SOS, the university’s emergency response provider. Information regarding the International SOS benefits package can be found here.
- To process payments, students need to be set up in Harvard’s Buy2Pay system. Once your application is processed by Career Services an invitation to the Buy2Pay system will be sent to you in order to create a profile. Delays in completing this process will result in a delay in your award.
- Recipients of the Heffernan International Travel Fund are expected to complete a short post-travel report to document this experience within four weeks of the completion of travel. You will be prompted to include a detailed description of the experience, and accomplished goals, and to share photos.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.