Several streets around Harvard Square have metered parking (for 2 hours, 1 hour, or 30 minutes). Un-metered spots are generally restricted to Cambridge residents with valid resident parking stickers only. However, metered spots can be hard to come by. You may want to consider leaving your car elsewhere and taking public transportation.
Parking in front of Gund Hall is for service vehicles only. Any vehicle parked there will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Obtaining a Parking Permit
Faculty, staff, and invited guests of the GSD may obtain a parking permit for one of Harvard’s lots or garages. Please contact the Harvard Transportation Services Parking Office for more information.
Parking at the following garages is restricted to those who have obtained permits:
- Everett Street Garage, corner of Everett Street and Massachusetts Avenue.
- Broadway Garage, corner of Broadway and Felton Streets.
- 38 Oxford Street Lot, entrance just east of Everett and Oxford Streets.
- William James Parking, 33 Kirkland St.
- Cruft Building Exterior Parking Lot, 19A Oxford St.
Commercial Parking Facilities
There are three commercial lots in the Harvard Square area:
- Harvard Square Parking Garage, corner of JFK and Elliot Streets,(617) 354-4168.
- Fitz-Inn Auto Park, on Church Street, (617) 482-7740.
- Charles Square Garage, 5 Bennett Street, (617) 491-0298. You may call ahead to see if there is space available.