Librarians and online services are available while our building is closed.
Online Research Support
New: Make an appointment with your Library Liaison
Essential Tools for Remote Design Research: Use our newly created research guide for timely tips and tools for locating online design resources and collections
- Locate books and chapters online
- Locate journals and articles online
- Research Guides: Use our specialized guides for design research
- Ask a Design Librarian: Send a question or schedule a phone or Zoom consultation
- Mapping and Data Inquiries: Send questions or schedule a consultation
Online Library Services
- Zoom Training and Help: Find basics on teaching, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Canvas Support: Send questions about GSD Canvas us
- Scan & Deliver: You may submit Scan & Deliver requests for book chapters and journal articles, and we will try to fill as many requests electronically as possible
- Purchase Requests: Submit purchase requests for both print and electronic (books journals and other online resources) to add to the collection.
Library Support for Instruction
Frances Loeb Library and Harvard Library are offering a new service this academic year – electronic reserves preparation and uploading to Canvas course sites.
How it works:
Send your requests for class readings to Ask a Design Librarian.
- Include a list of readings for the semester as an attachment to your request. Sending a syllabus will help process the materials quickly.
- Requested materials will be scanned and uploaded to your “Library Reserves” page on your Canvas course site.
- Materials will be posted in your Canvas site in these timeframes:
- Content already available in digital form – 1 day
- Scans created from print materials from Loeb Library – 3 days
- Scans created from print materials from a different Harvard Library – 7 days
- Entire books – 3 weeks
If you have any questions about Canvas or if Harvard Library does not have a book or article that you are looking for, please email us at Ask a Design Librarian.