Library services have moved online. All Harvard Graduate School of Design buildings are closed until further notice.
Borrowing Physical Collections
You may now borrow print materials and request items from Scan and Deliver from Frances Loeb Library, Lamont, Widener, Tozzer, Yenching, and the Harvard Depository using Lamont's Front Door Pickup service.
- Return your books to the Widener Library Mass. Ave. entrance. (Do not return books to Lamont.)
- Alternatively, you may mail them to:
- Widener Library
c/o Access Services
1 Harvard Yard
Cambridge, MA 02138
- Widener Library
The physical collections are not available for consultation, however access to digitized collections, or images that represent the holdings are. For more information about impacted services visit the Frances Loeb Library FAQ page.
New Service! Course Reserves
Frances Loeb Library and Harvard Library are offering a new service this academic year – electronic reserves preparation and uploading to Canvas course sites.
How it works:
Send your requests for class readings by August 21st to Ask a Design Librarian.
- Include a list of readings for the semester as an attachment to your request. Sending a syllabus will help process the materials quickly.
- Requested materials will be scanned and uploaded to your “Library Reserves” page on your Canvas course site.
- Materials will be posted in your Canvas site in these timeframes:
- Content already available in digital form – 1 day
- Creating scans from print materials in Loeb Library – 3 days
- Creating scans from print materials from another Harvard Library – 7 days
- Entire books – 7- 10 days
If you have any questions about Canvas or if Harvard Library does not have a book or article that you are looking for, please email us at Ask a Design Librarian.
For Items Currently on Loan
- Due dates for borrowed items are being extended.
- All fines that accrue while the Library is closed will be waived. Reach out to us if you see fines on your account.
Online Research Support
- Essential Tools for Remote Design Research: Use our newly created research guide for timely tips and tools for locating online design resources and collections
- Research Guides: Use our specialized guides for design research
- Ask a Design Librarian: Send a question or schedule a phone or Zoom consultations
- Mapping and Data Inquiries: Send questions or schedule a consultation
Online Library Services
- Zoom Training and Help: Find basics on teaching, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Canvas Support: Send questions about GSD Canvas use
- Scan & Deliver: You may submit Scan & Deliver requests for book chapters and journal articles, and we will try to fill as many requests electronically as possible
- Purchase Requests: Submit purchase requests for both print and electronic (books journals and other online resources) to add to the collection. Searches will be conducted for electronic versions of print titles.