Library services have moved online. All Harvard Graduate School of Design buildings are closed until further notice.
You may now borrow print materials and request items from Scan and Deliver from Frances Loeb Library, Lamont, Widener, Tozzer, Yenching, and the Harvard Depository using Lamont's Front Door Pickup service.
- Use HOLLIS to submit requests for print materials available at Lamont, Widener, and the Harvard Depository.
- Receive a confirmation email that your requests are ready for pickup.
- Schedule a pickup time by following the instructions in the confirmation email.
- Come to Lamont with your Harvard ID and pick up your books!
- Pickup is by appointment only.
- If you request multiple items in one day, we will process them for a single pickup.
- Same-day pickup is not available due to safety precautions. If you request an item the same day you have a scheduled pickup, your new item will be included in a future pickup.
- You must wear a face covering, maintain physical distancing, and follow all instructions given by our staff when you come to pick up your requests.
- Front Door Pickup is only available to Harvard students, faculty, and staff at this time.
- BorrowDirect and interlibrary loan remain temporarily unavailable.
- Return your books to the Widener Library Mass. Ave. entrance. (Do not return books to Lamont.)
- Alternatively, you may mail them to:
- Widener Library
c/o Access Services
1 Harvard Yard
Cambridge, MA 02138
- Widener Library
Scan and Deliver is back
- Request a scan of a book chapter or a journal article through HOLLIS, and we will email you a PDF.
Special Collections: The physical collections are not available for consultation, however access to digitized collections, or images that represent the holdings are. For more information about impacted services visit the Frances Loeb Library FAQ page.
For Items Currently on Loan
- Due dates for borrowed items are being extended.
- All fines that accrue while the Library is closed will be waived. Reach out to us if you see fines on your account.
Online Research Support
- Essential Tools for Remote Design Research: Use our newly created research guide for timely tips and tools for locating online design resources and collections
- Research Guides: Use our specialized guides for design research
- Ask a Design Librarian: Send a question or schedule a phone or Zoom consultations
- Mapping and Data Inquiries: Send questions or schedule a consultation
Online Library Services
- Zoom Training and Help: Find basics on teaching, set-up, and troubleshooting
- Canvas Support: Send questions about GSD Canvas use
- Scan & Deliver: You may submit Scan & Deliver requests for book chapters and journal articles, and we will try to fill as many requests electronically as possible
- Purchase Requests: Submit purchase requests for both print and electronic (books journals and other online resources) to add to the collection. Searches will be conducted for electronic versions of print titles.