Reward & Recognition Committee
The purpose of the GSD Reward and Recognition Committee is to recognize employee excellence at the Graduate School of Design. The Committee selects monthly Applause Award winners and annual Deans Award winners from nominations submitted by GSD staff.
- Hal Gould, Computer Resources Group
- Tim Hoffman, Faculty Planning
- Lisa Plosker, Human Resources (ex-officio)
- Pilar Raynor Jordan, Academic Finance
- Rachel Vroman, Digital Fabrication Lab
The Applause Award is a monthly award given to one staff member or a team. Winners of the Applause Award receive a $100 bonus.
Dean's Award for Employee Excellence / Harvard Heroes
The Dean's Award is an annual award given to one employee or a group of employees who have displayed outstanding initiative, leadership, and commitment to quality or has performed above their job description. The winner of the Dean's Award receives $1,000 and two extra vacation days.
Service Milestone Recognition
Faculty and staff celebrating anniversaries will receive a special message of thanks and congratulations, as well as a choice of gifts during their anniversary month.
Visit the University's Employee Recognition page to learn more.
Staff & Community Committee
The purpose of the GSD Staff and Community Committee is to make the Graduate School of Design a great place to work by building a sense of camaraderie among staff and by providing different opportunities to improve GSD staff members’ experience.
The Committee sponsors exhibit tours in the Gund Lobby as well as co-hosts events throughout the year including the annual GSD summer picnic, a pot luck lunch/staff bake-off contest, and a welcome back New Year’s breakfast!
- Angela Flynn, Joint Center for Housing Studies
- Ellen Tang, Student Affairs
- Jeffrey Fitton, Center for Green Buildings and Cities
- Kat Chavez, Communications
- Lindsey Grant LaGrasse, Development and Alumni Relations
- Michelle Goldberg, Human Resources
- Michelle Muliro, Human Resources
- Ryanne Hammerl, Student Affairs
- Shiona Sommerville, Executive Education
E-mail us if you have any questions or feedback.