Check back often to find out about upcoming Alumni Events!
- GSD Commencement - May 30, 2013 - Cambridge, MA
- GSD DISrupt!: Power of Design - Energy and the Built Environment - May 31, 2013 - San Diego, CA
- HBS Charting Your Course Program - June 5-6, 2013, Boston, MA
- AIA Annual Conference: GSD Alumni Reception - June 21, 2013 - Denver, CO
- ASLA Annual Conference - November 15-18, 2013 - Boston, MA
- Harvard GSD Public Lecture Series - Ongoing, Boston, MA
Instigations: Engaging Architecture, Landscape, and the City
The creative imagination is not solely based on the intuitive capacities of individuals. One of the tasks of design education is to help provide the tools, techniques, and methods that enhance constructed imagination. At the same time, the modes and practices of design need to confront the challenges of our contemporary societies. The commitment to societal engagement through design excellence is at the core of the pedagogy at the Harvard Graduate School of Design. This volume celebrating the first seventy-five years of the GSD presents episodes in a rich history along with selected looks at current and future lines of teaching and research; these views reflect the constant oscillation between the pragmatic realities and the imagined yet never realized ideal that lies at the heart of design. Our aspirations are demonstrated through a series of ideas, projects, practices—INSTIGATIONS—that reflect the mission of the GSD to reimagine and construct better futures.
Energy Innovation Center
4760 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92117
4:00 - 7:30 pm
The inaugural event in the Harvard DISrupt! Series – a forum for discussing the critical topics facing our planet and our people. We have gathered the leading area experts in the fields of academia, governance, non-profit sustainable energy advocacy, private sector energy production, to address the topic. Read the full announcement.
- Opening address by Charles Waldheim, Harvard University Graduate School of Design, John E. Irving Professor and Chair | Department of Landscape Architecture
- Followed by Mayor Bob Filner, Len Hering, Center for Sustainable Energy, and Mike Niggli, President of San Diego Gas & Electric.
Founded by San Diego Landscape Architect, Martin Poirier, FASLA and San Diego Architect and Energy Innovator, Robert Noble, AIA, LEED AP, DISrupt! is one of the efforts of the Harvard Graduate School of Design Alumni Council, San Diego – GSD|SD. It’s mission is to engage local Harvard alumni in service to the San Diego community – specifically the Power of Design to create positive change toward sound environmental stewardship.
HBS Charting Your Course Program, 6/5-6/6/2013
Charting Your Course is a two-day program that uses classroom discussion, team interaction, and self-assessment exercises to help alumnae develop a strategy for blending career and personal life.
This course is for you if:
• You are at a transition point in your career
• You are looking to re-enter the workforce after taking time off
• You wish to reenergize your career
Charting Your Course is now open for registration. Please pass along this information to anyone in your professional and personal network who may be at a similar stage in her career.
Experience a program that has enabled hundreds of women to rediscover their core interests and capabilities. Visit the Charting Your Course website for additional information and to register. Please feel free to contact Patricia Grennen at email@example.com or 617-495-6582 with questions.
Chambers Grant Salon
Denver Performing Arts Complex
1355 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202
Please Join Mohsen Mostafavi, Dean and Alexander and Victoria Wiley Professor of Design, for a GSD Alumni Reception during this year’s Annual AIA Convention as we honor our GSD award winners and fellows.
Friday, June 21 2013
6:30 P.M. - 8:30 P.M.
The Denver Performing Arts Complex is located a few blocks from the Colorado Convention Center
Please note: the date of the GSD Alumni Reception has been changed to Friday, June 21st.
Details Coming Soon!