Students will match with an alumni mentor(s) based on shared academic interests, career goals, life challenges, and experiences.
What do alumni mentors and mentees discuss?
- Campus involvement aligned with career goals
- Adjusting to graduate academic expectations
- Developing a plan for academic, social, and career success
- Balancing the demands of graduate education with personal responsibilities
- Developing and cultivating professional contacts, within and beyond the GSD
Your alumni mentor can:
- Help guide you in your current and future endeavors
- Have similar interests, hobbies, and experiences as you
- Meet or video chat with you on a regular basis (or as determined by you both)
- Guide you in discovering career opportunities and paths
- Encourage you to set goals and check in on progress
- Help connect you with additional resources at the GSD and beyond if needed (i.e., financial, academic, and personal advisement)