Students are paired with someone invested in their success based on shared interests—a person ready to listen, inspire, help navigate challenges, and recognize opportunities. Students will learn what to expect in school, how to approach challenges, gain career advice and valuable insights while mentors will build their networks and develop skills to become better professionals and leaders.
Matching and Expectations:
- Students will be matched with alumni and/or peer mentors based on common interests, background, academics, and professional aspirations. To get started, students and mentors register and complete an online survey to assess personality and experience.
- Mentors and mentees are free to meet and communicate as often as they choose, but they are expected to log conversations on the mentor platform for a minimum of one year.
- Participants may use the platform’s discussion guides and goal-setting activities to help prepare for conversations with their mentors and other professionals.
The Connect GSD Mentorship program is intended to:
- Provide students with a structured means of initiating and maintaining a professional relationship with alumni in which to receive 1:1 advice and support regarding the challenges of their education and professional development strategies.
- Build connections and community between other graduate students across disciplines, or within, who can share invaluable insights about their own academic and professional experiences.
- Provide additional support from the GSD as needed, including but not limited to referrals to enhance and support the overall student experience.