CREATE is Harvard GSD’s online recruiting system that allows students and alumni 24/7 access to:
- View employers;
- Search internships and jobs;
- Identify alumni contacts;
- Schedule a counseling session with a career counselor.
Login to CREATE
All GSD students and alumni can access CREATE. Upon graduating from the GSD, student accounts automatically transition in to alumni accounts.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I login to CREATE?
- Your password is your Harvard i.d. number
- Click on Forgot Password if you have forgotten or need to set up a new password
- Contact Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further assistance
How do I get started?
After logging in, go to Academic Information
- Go to Career Interests (you will only need to complete this section once and it takes 15 seconds)
- Select your interests from the drop down menu. This will allow Career Services to send you notices about events or opportunities related to your interests.
- Click on Save Changes and Continue. You’re ready to start your search.
How do I conduct and save a job search?
Go to: Jobs for GSD students & Alumni
- Click on CSM jobs (these are the jobs exclusively in our career services system)
- Click on Advanced Search
- Select Industry
- Select type of opportunity (such as internship or job)
- Add a zip code in the region you are specifically interested in
To set up a search agent, go to Saved Searches
- Name your search and hit the SAVE button.
- You have now set up an automatic search agent which will deliver new matches to you via email as frequently as you would like (for example, once a week).
How do I find GSD alumni?
Go to Employers
- Select Contact Directory
- Select More Filters
- You can search by the name of an employer you are interested in; or by location; or by discipline.
IMPORTANT: select Alumnus – YES
- Select Alumni degree and enter your program if you would like to see alumni from your program.
- Hit the SEARCH key.
- You have now located GSD alumni that match the criteria you entered.
How do I find events?
In the left side bar, select EVENTS
- Then go to Workshops
- You will bring up a list of all of the upcoming career events hosted by the GSD or other schools across Harvard (such as the Kennedy School or Faculty of Arts & Sciences).
Click on any event to see a description and details about the location, time and registration process (if required).
How do I rsvp for events?
Go to Events
- Select Workshops
- Choose the event of interest to you
- Click on the RSVP button to reserve a space for the event
How do I find the Document Library?
On the left sidebar, go to Resources
- Select Document Library
- Many handouts are available for GSD students.
Try a key word search on the topic of interest to you, such as:
- Cover Letters
- Salary Negotiation
Students’ 8-digit Harvard ID usernames are the same when they become alumni. If you do not remember your Harvard ID number, please email Anne Creamer.