Students enrolled in the Master in Urban Planning (MUP) program can apply for a concurrent degree at the GSD, a joint degree with Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government (HKS) or Law School (HLS), or a dual degree with the T.H. Chan School of Public Health (HSPH). The minimum full-time residency for obtaining concurrent degrees is one academic year more than the residency requirement of the longer of the two programs. Current students admitted to a second program must, upon admission to the second program, contact the relevant program coordinators to work out an approved plan of study.

Concurrent Degrees

Master of Architecture (MArch)
Master in Landscape Architecture (MLA)
Master in Design Studies (MDes)

For general information and policies regarding concurrent degrees, visit the GSD Registrar’s page on degree requirements policies. MUP’s interested in applying to a concurrent degree program should schedule a meeting with their Program Coordinator.

Dual Degree

Public Health and Urban Planning

Joint Degrees

Public Policy and Urban Planning
Public Administration and Urban Planning
Law and Urban Planning