Harvard GSD offers a comprehensive set of career programs designed to help students throughout their time at the school (and beyond). We offer individual career advising, experiential programs, career workshops, and special events throughout the year.
Career Services staff will be working remotely throughout the fall 2020 and spring 2021 terms. We continue to post internships and jobs for students. We are happy to connect students with employers.
Employers, please email Anne Creamer for assistance.
GSD students are encouraged to schedule a Zoom and/or phone career consultation through CREATE. Career counselors are also available through email.
Who We Are
New, March 29, 2021! Welcome our new Director!
Director of Career Services
As Director of Career Services, Melissa oversees a variety of services dedicated to the career development of students and alumni. She works within the Harvard community and with employers and outside organizations to cultivate and build relationships for mentorship, experiential learning, and employment opportunities. Along with her team, Melissa is dedicated to coaching and advising students to meet their career goals.
Career Services Coordinator
Anne is the primary contact for employers posting internship and job opportunities; manages our career management system, CREATE, and coordinates on-campus recruiting and career fairs.
Robin is a versatile counselor, coach, and advisor in career development. She is skilled in helping students to conduct targeted career searches. Her focus is on working with students in the Architecture and Landscape Architecture programs. She serves as the Architect Licensing Advisor for GSD students and provides information regarding The Architectural Experience Program (AXP).
GSD Career Services Graduate Intern
Ebony is an Ed.M. student in the Higher Education Program at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. She brings to the Career Services years of experience in both the K-12 and higher education sectors as a high school counselor, academic advisor, and consultant. She loves supporting students as they transition to the next phase of life.
Career Management System – CREATE
CREATE is Harvard GSD's online recruiting system that allows students and alumni 24/7 access to:
- View employers;
- Search internships and jobs;
- Identify alumni contacts;
- Schedule a counseling session with a career counselor.
Students can view handouts via their account in CREATE. Topics include:
- How to Build and Maintain A Professional Network,
- International Students Seeking Employment in the US,
- The Art of Salary Negotiation,
- Sample Resumes, Cover Letters, and Other Job Search Correspondence.
Learn more about what you can do to get the most out of CREATE.
Career Paths by Program
- Master in Architecture (MArch)
- Master in Landscape Architecture (MLA)
- Master in Urban Planning (MUP), Master of Architecture in Urban Design (MAUD), Master of Landscape Architecture in Urban Design (MLAUD)
- Master in Design Studies (MDes) and Doctor of Design (DDes)
- Master in Design Engineering