Only in case of loss, theft, or destruction of your one true original Harvard University Graduate School of Design (GSD) diploma can a replacement diploma be obtained.

Replacement Diplomas are available to GSD Alumni only and preparation of the document may take two to three months. In order to request a replacement diploma please fully fill out this Form. Before you sign the form, visit your local notary to have the document notarized. A $150 (USD) check made payable to Harvard University and your notarized form must be sent to the GSD Registrar’s office via mail.

Family members of a deceased GSD Alum will have to provide additional documentation, such as notarized copies of Power of Attorney or notarized copies of the Letter of Appointment of Executor, in order to request a replacement diploma. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for additional steps.

When the diploma is ready, it will be sent via certified mail to the address you provided on the request form.

Send your notarized Diploma Replacement Request and payment to:

Harvard University Graduate School of Design
Office of the Registrar
48 Quincy Street, Gund 422
Cambridge, MA 02138

Additional Information:

The Office of Student Affairs does not maintain copies of original diplomas; therefore we are unable to make an unofficial copy while your replacement diploma is being processed. If you need proof that you received a degree from the GSD please ask for a Letter of Enrollment via the Document Request Form. This letter will certify that you received a degree from the GSD and the date on which it was conferred.

If you did not receive your original diploma due to delinquencies please contact Student Accounts at University Student Financial Services at (617) 495-2739. You will need to resolve any payment issues on your account before we can issue you your original diploma. After these payments have been resolved please contact the Office of the Registrar.