A look at employers who hire GSD graduates and interns:
- Anmahian Winton Architects
- Barkow Leibinger Architekten
- Behnisch Architekten
- Bjarke Ingels Group
- Boston Architectural College
- Bruner / Cott & Associates, Inc.
- Einhorn Yaffee Prescott
- Elkus/Manfredi Architects
- Ellenzweig Assoc.
- Estee Lauder Global Store Design
- Flansburgh Architects
- Gehry Technologies
- Herzog deMeuron
- Howeler & Yoon Architecture
- Johnston Marklee
- Kohn Pedersen Fox Assoc
- MADE Design/Build
- MASS Design Group
- Michael Maltzan Architect
- Palantir Technologies
- Richard Meier & Partner
- Robert A. M. Stern
- Studio Gang
- Tsoi Kobus Design
Which industries hire Architecture graduates?
- Digital media
- Higher education
- Real Estate
Becoming An Architect: Professional Resources
ARE Pass Rates
The Architect Registration Examination (ARE) is a practice-based exam founded on education and enhanced by experience. The National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) publishes pass rates for each section of the ARE by institution.
Getting started: Becoming an Architect
Architect Licensing Advisor for GSD students: Robin Slavin
How do I find Architecture alumni contacts?
Three sources of alumni contacts (for current students and graduates):
- Join the Harvard GSD Group on LinkedIn.
- Use CREATE, the GSD career management system.
- Engage with the Harvard University Alumni Association
- Utilize your time here to cultivate relationships within the GSD community: alumni; fellow students; faculty; visiting speakers; networking events; GSD Alumni Council events
- Seek out ways to supplement your academic studies with experience: involvement with student clubs (across Harvard), summer internship or community service fellowship
Events of special note for Architecture students
- Resume Blitz (electronic resume reviews)
- Developing Your Portfolio Workshop
- Individual portfolio Review
- Virtual Career Fair (summer internship opportunities)
- AXP Workshop: Gain Credit for Experience Workshop
- Alternative Design Careers Panel
- Harvard GSD Career Fairs (events)
Take advantage of:
- Weekly e-newsletter (Career Newsflash)
- Virtual Career Fair, January
- Begin your summer internship search early
- Community Service Fellowship Program
(domestic summer internships & international travel grants)
apply by late November for international travel;
apply by mid March for domestic summer internships