At the GSD Office of Career Services, we acknowledge that career development is a social justice issue and that every person's ability to achieve professional advancement, fulfillment, and security is impacted by factors like one's race, gender, health, and economic status. These social inequities prevent a significant portion of the world's population from accessing and pursuing education or gainful employment.
We at Career Services want to emphasize our commitment to serving students of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. In adherence to the GSD community values, we will continue to advocate for increased diversity and sense of belonging among all individuals in our community, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion, immigration status, nationality, socioeconomic status, or disability. We recognize the challenges and barriers some of our students will encounter as jobseekers and in the workplace, and are therefore dedicated to providing the best support possible for navigating the professional world.
The team is making ongoing efforts to integrate accessibility into our content creation process, enhance the accessibility of our current offerings, and improve the readability of our website. If you are having any issues accessing a resource or webpage, or require special accommodations for an upcoming event, please contact Sarah McCullough.
Resources from the Harvard Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Racial Equity Tools
- Racial Equity Tools supports everyone working to achieve racial equity by offering tools, research, tips, curricula, and ideas for people who want to increase their own understanding and to help those working for racial justice at every level – in systems, organizations, communities, and the culture at large.
Learning about Systemic Racism
- Fighting Anti-Blackness Resource List (Harvard Women in Tech + Allies)
- Initiative for Institutional Anti-racism and Accountability (Harvard Kennedy School of Government)
- Talking About Race (National Museum of African American History and Culture)
- Understanding and Dismantling Racism: A Booklist for White Readers (Charis Books)
Healing from Race-related Trauma
- The Steve Fund: Mental Health for Students of Color (The Steve Fund)
- Self-Care Tips for Black People Who Are Struggling With This Very Painful Week (Vice)
- Four Self-Care Resources for Days When the World is Terrible (Color Lines)
- Community Values, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging
- University-Wide Statement on Rights and Responsibilities
- Statement on racial injustice from Dr. John Silvanus Wilson, Jr.
- GSD Nondiscrimination Policy
- 2019 Reaffirmation of the University's Policy Concerning Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Harvard University Guidelines for Gender Inclusivity in the Workplace
- Harvard University Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment Policy